The mission of the Multicultural Scholars Program is to recruit, educate, and graduate minorities, economically disadvantaged, and first generation students from agricultural science disciplines. The School of Natural Resources serves as the conduit to increase the presence of under-served and under-represented individuals within forestry professions.
We equip multicultural scholars to formulate Real. Life. Solutions.
- Attend UT for free!
- Participate in a Capstone course
- Paid internship experiences
- K-12 outreach opportunities
- Interact and network with stakeholders across broad sectors of the forestry industry
- Attend regional and national workshops and conferences that emphasize leadership, career engagement, and professional development including:
- International Society of Arboriculture (ISA)
- Southern Chapter Meeting, International Society of Arboriculture
- Student Days, Tree Care Industry Association (TCIA) Expo
- National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP) & National Collegiate Landscape Competition (NCLC)
- Tennessee Urban Forestry Council
- Partners in Community Forestry
- Minorities in Agriculture Natural Resources and Related Sciences (MANRRS)